Monday, October 29, 2012

TMNT LGB

Cool! Amazon just posted up the cover for the Ninja Turtles Golden Book I've been working on. Guess that means it's ok for me to post it now. The cover went through a few variations before being finalized. Version 01 was a weekend test to see how the Turtles would look as a Golden Book. Looks a little funky now, but luckily it was enough for it to be greenlit as a book. 



Version 02 was where I was asked to bring the look in closer to the show.


Version 03 was tweaks. Mostly color and bg, plus some expression change requests.
 

I just finished the interior ruffs for the book, so once that's approved, onto the fun part of color and cleanup. Hopefully you guys will dig it!

16 comments:

Chris Battle said...

LOVE the OG Turtles design from vers. 1! Perfect for old dudes like me.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Raph's just missing the crack in his shell.

Mick said...

first one is best. Your instincts are keen

Tommy said...

You should make that first version available as a print!

Jesse Hamm said...

Great work! I look forward to picking this up.

I can understand them wanting the characters to be on-model, but I dislike the apparent expression change requests. "We don't want them looking angry while they prepare to hack up their foes."

David de Rooij said...

Version 1 for me please!!

Ridd Sorensen said...

GAH!I need that first one as a poster. Awesome, inspiring stuff, man.

Jack Yu said...

you have really fun stuff! great work!

Skid Knee said...

That book is on my Amazon Wish List now!

ShezCrafti said...

Awesome designs! I'll definitely be buying a copy when it comes out. I love that Spike made the cover too!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic stuff Steve. Looks so good!

Brett

SalBa Combé said...

Yeah! Your TMNT rules.
Really cool!

Dan Thompson said...

you are so good. Looks fantastic.

Cynthia Carolina said...

ninja turtles are great!

Chris Garbutt said...

Love these! All of 'em!

Dapper Dan said...

Hey Steve! I picked this LGB up and LOVE it! Awesome work all around :) Cheers